The Fairbury Community Foundation current projects:
- “Bring Back The Lights”
Working with city and county officials to bring Christmas lights back to the Jefferson County Courthouse
- Avenue of Flags – Fairbury “Flag Town”
Working with veteran’s families, businesses and organizations to add more flags to the Ave of Flags and to replace the cotton casket flags with weatherproof nylon.
Working with community members to encourage the purchase and display of more American flags throughout the community.
- Fairbury Municipal Pool
Working with volunteers to organize efforts to design, build and fund a new aquatic center in the Fairbury City Park
- Fairbury Arts Council
Working with the Jefferson County Art Guild to promote a July 4th Craft Fair on the Square event
- Bonham Theatre Project
Working to provide fundraising and operational support for Fairbury’s historic movie theatre
- Courthouse 125 Celebration
Working with committee members to organize and promote the 125th anniversary of the Jefferson County Courthouse with a community festival around Fairbury’s historic downtown square
- Truancy Program
Working with school and county officials to address truancy issues within the Fairbury Public School system.
- Community Service Program
Working with local law enforcement to create an inmate worker program to put low risk offenders to work in the community on projects such as parks maintenance and beautification.
- Working with entrepreneurs to encourage and foster business startups to fill specific needs identified in the community.
- Working with the Miss Jefferson County Pageant organization to market and grow the organization and increase scholarship funding.